The Nativity Story

Covering the 2006 movie "The Nativity Story," about the story of Mary and Joseph
and their journey together as they bring the Messiah into the world.

~~One Family. One Journey. One child, who would change the world. Forever.~~

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C.

I am a spoo.
What do spoo do?
Mainly, they *sigh.*
What are spoo?
Contact Me

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Angel Gabriel is cast

Alexander Siddig (fka Siddig el Fadil) from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine (Dr. Julian Bashir) and later from Kingdom of Heaven, Syriana, & Hannibal, has been cast to play the archangel Gabriel.

Sid has recently put out a letter on his website, in which he mentions his work on "Nativity:"

I’ve just wrapped on a movie about the nativity which I hope will be in theatres for Advent this year. I can’t say a lot about it because (once again) it isn’t out and they need to keep control over what’s said about a film before it’s released. But I can say that it’s an orthodox telling of the story on a big budget, so if you’re into things Biblical, it promises to be a good one. It has a glittery cast and I really enjoyed playing Gabriel - last time I played in this show - when I was all of six years old - I played the innkeeper. A definite promotion. Who says that if you don’t stick at it that you won’t get ahead?

1 Comments:

Blogger RC said...

What an interesting role to play? Hum...

Thanks for the info.

--RC of strangeculture.blogspot.com

Friday, June 16, 2006 8:48:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home